Thursday, June 4, 2009

On Libraries and Corresponding Owners

I am visiting my family back home in Missouri. I was looking through boxes of my old books. It is fascinating to see what books defined my childhood. This only reaffirms my theory that one's library says a lot about the corresponding owner.

In Middle School/High School:
1. Yearbooks
2. Calvin and Hobbes
3. The Far Side
4. Video Game Strategy Guides for Final Fantasy VII and VIII (along with a notebook that was for school that is currently filled with game genie codes...)
5. Books for making better grades in school (my dad bought them for me because I was a really bad student, he even wrote an encouraging note in one of them).
6. Ivanhoe; White Fang; Hatchet; The Three Musketeers
7. A box set of the Chronicles of Narnia (I never read them -go figure)
8. John Grisham's "The Client" (I remember the ending was really lame)
9. Hockey Magazines
10. The Hobbit
In Elementary school:
1. Books about dinosaurs (I really liked Jurassic Park)
2. A book on first aid
3. Books about Animals (I wanted to be a veterinarian)

No comments: