Tuesday, July 28, 2009

On God's Love

While Paul is discussing the nature of man, and his nature in general, he makes a passionate exclamation of reality (v. 24a), then dangles a question that all men, when confronted with their nature, must answer (v. 24b), and he finally provides the glorious answer pregnant with incarnate grace, mercy, hope and love (v. 25). He states:
21 I find then the principle that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good. 22 For I joyfully concur with the law of God in the inner man, 23 but I see a differ net law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members. 24 aWrteched man that I am! bWho will set me free from the body of this death? 25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.
- Romans 7:21-25 NASB

No comments: