Wednesday, September 9, 2009

On School vs. Seminary

This fall I have started graduate school the University of Dallas. As of the first week, there are noticeable differences from my time at Seminary:
1. Where in Seminary I was young for the general student population, at a University I am old -really old.

2. Where in Seminary I was relatively in shape (comparatively speaking), at a University I fail the standard of being a skinny 18 year old kid.

3. Where in Seminary I was smart and people liked it, at a University I am just a nerd.

4. Where in Seminary the material was usually comparatively narrow, Evangelical, and conservative at a University everything goes.

5. Where in Seminary everything you learn seems obviously to be directed towards God's Kingdom, at a University the Kingdom gain of the information you're processing has less obvious fruit -but fruit nonetheless.

No comments: